Student Access Services – Accessibility for all students


Here at HACC, there are many resources for students with disabilities to help them on their journey through college.

Student Access Services or SAS, (formerly known as Disability Services) offers accommodations for students with documented physical, psychological, or learning disabilities. Whether you had an IEP or specialized learning plan in high school or not, you may qualify for accommodations.

Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they have made their decision to attend HACC but can register at any time. To find out if you qualify, contact the SAS Coordinator at your campus to begin the assessment process. If you’re unsure who to contact, the names and contact information for your campus’ coordinator are here.

A range of accommodations are available, with everything from Braille textbooks to extended test limits to adaptive furniture. Whatever you need in order to succeed, HACC will do its best to provide it for you.

HACC Disability Services


If you are interested in receiving accommodations from Student Access Services, you will need to have documentation of your disability from your medical provider that lists the limitations of your disability, and what accommodations they recommend for it.

  • If you have ADHD, your psychiatrist might say that you have trouble completing tests in the standard timeframe. They may then recommend that the school allow you more time to take tests or that they should be taken in a different setting than usual.
  • If you are hearing impaired, your doctor might say that you struggle with taking notes in lectures because you cannot always hear what is being said. They may then recommend real-time closed captioning software for you.
  • If you have a mobility impairment, your doctor might say that standard tables and chairs in classrooms will not work for you. They may then recommend adaptive furniture to better accommodate you.

These are just a few examples of accommodations that the school can provide at the recommendation of a medical professional. If you do not have the proper documentation from your doctor, considering contacting them and asking if they could write something for you. For a further list of requirements for documentation, descriptions of accommodations, and more, please click here.

There is no shame in asking for help if you need it, so please contact Student Access Services with any concerns you may have. HACC has partnered with Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services, Inc. and offers three counseling visits with no-cost for all students.

Take care of yourself and have a great semester.