Student spotlight – Albanie Hersh

Jess Staley, Staff Writer

Albanie Hersh is a second-year student at Harrisburg Area Community College who is set to graduate this year with an associate’s degree in business studies with a marketing concentration.

Hersh shared that one goal for her future includes working on a dog rescue team, which derives from her passion for dogs.

“I dream of saving every dog that doesn’t have a home. I want to give them better lives,” Hersh said.

Having rescue dogs of her own, Hersh, wants to share the joys of having a pet with others. Opening her own dog store, spoiling rescues, and supporting shelters are in her realm of possibilities.

“A percent of my earnings will go towards dog shelters and rescue teams,” she said.

While Hersh’s future plans are still in the works, she is currently working in a field that celebrates love. As a wedding coordinator assistant, she gets to experience what happens day to day in the field. While she loves being an assistant, Hersh is hoping to dedicate more of her time to what she loves.

“I want to be able to surround myself with love 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and to share the interactions with couples on their big day,” Hersh expressed.

Hersh recently completed an internship with wedding event planner, Eran Ryan.

Ryan, a manager of Hersh at the wedding planning company, attests to her qualifications in the field.

“It’s an emotionally hard industry to be in. Most people don’t make it past our internship,” she said. “In just 6 short months she’s gone through the internship and into a part-time contractor position and is our go-to assistant for large weddings.”

When considering her career goals, her family was unsure at first, “They were supportive but on edge at first because the wedding industry is a field they knew nothing about,” she said. “Now that I am successful, they are very proud and they want me to continue working in fields I am passionate towards.”

Hersh is a Hanover, Pennsylvania native.

If you or someone you know would like to be spotlighted in the weekly HawkEye, you can contact us here.