SGA Spotlight: She leads future business leaders

Le serves as president of Phi Beta Lambda

Tina Le is president of Phi Beta Lambda

Deryn Varney / HawkEye Media

Tina Le is president of Phi Beta Lambda

Student government aims to highlight the accomplishments of students at HACC who take on extracurricular commitments while pursuing their education. This month, we asked Tina Le, president of the Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) Business Club, to share about her experience at HACC in her own words.

Tell us about yourself

As a HACC student pursuing an Associate in Science in Business Administration, I spend my time reaching out to become more involved with the school community. I also juggle both work and my love of exploring new places! I have a younger sister who also attends HACC alongside me. I actively participate in PBL, where I and my club members express ideas and topics we are interested in diving further into, such as entrepreneurship, professional leadership, e-commerce, and more.

What did you expect when you came to HACC?

I had first enrolled at HACC during my senior year of high school as a jump start, but it was not a place I had considered continuing my education. Yet, when I had experienced what it was like to attend, I felt that this place was the perfect fit for what I needed. It is a place that gives second chances, opportunities that couldn’t have been initially possible, for those who need a little while to self-search and the time to build confidence in themselves.

Have you had any particular positive experiences you can share?

I firmly believe that HACC has done an amazing job in supporting their students in any way they can. From internship and resume workshops to events and contests that promote students involvement, it makes remote learning a lot more interactive and communicative. I hadn’t expected to win free summer tuition two summers ago, but it helped give an extra boost in graduating a semester ahead of schedule! HACC at one point offered free food assistance when the pandemic first hit. I signed up, and it provided weekly groceries at partnered stores, which gave very impactful support for food-insecure students during that year.

Are there any specific individuals at HACC who have helped you succeed?

Maybe I am biased as a business major, but every professor I have interacted with in the business program has had such a great and resounding personality. These professors leave lasting impressions and are sure to make room to build a connection. I have enjoyed the semesters I have spent getting to know Professors Steven Header and Rich Cordaro in PBL!

What are your plans after HACC?

After the new year, with my associate’s degree from HACC, I plan to intern or work in my intended career field to gain some experience before I transfer in the fall. My club advisors have all encouraged and inspired me to pursue a profession in management.

Spotlight is an occasional column appearing in HawkEye Media and is a collaboration between SGA and HawkEye. Students featured have given their permission to appear in Spotlight.