Masks off: HACC lifts campus mask mandate

Jess Staley, Features Editor

Effective March 30, HACC will be updating its face-covering mandate.

Masks will be encouraged but not required on all campuses. The 11-county region has been monitored and was found to be in a “low” community level category per CDC  requirements, according to an email HACC President Dr. John “Ski” Sygielski sent to the campus community on Monday.

HACC is now in phase six of the seven phase plan, the plan will move into phase 7 in the summer 2022 semester, Dr. Ski wrote, stressing the importance of self-screening and monitoring. 

HACC’s 7-phase plan includes:

1. Face coverings are still required on campus until March 30 per the face-covering guidelines (pdf).
  2. The College will revert to an earlier phase in our seven-phased plan if conditions worsen. Therefore, it is imperative to continue our self-screening (pdf) efforts.
  3. If you are sick, you should remain home. Please see the “What is the process to report sickness or COVID-19 exposure?” section of hacc.edu/COVIDannouncements for more information.
  4. Masks will continue to be available at building entrances, bookstores and security offices.
  5. Social distancing should continue throughout the spring 2022 semester.
  6. This information is tentative and subject to change.

The college requests everyone to remain respectful of others choices in their level of comfort with mask wearing.

For more information on HACC’s COVID updates, visit Spring and Summer 2022 Announcements